Wednesday 11 February 2009

CT scan

So, I'm shaking with adrenaline this morning. We talked to 2 different doctor-friends last night on the phone and got some great advice about how things may go at our meeting tomorrow. They both said Dr. Pressey will be wanting a CT scan to check how far this thing has spread so he can know if surgery is the next step or radiation/chemo to shrink it before surgery. Here's to hoping we can get a CT scan TODAY so tomorrow's meeting will be more productive (I don't want him to say, "Well, we'll know more after that scan. Why don't you call and set that up?")

Paul coughed a bit last night (as he usually does) ...let's pray that means nothing.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are doing just what God wants you to do, researching, praying, reaching out to others who have been there. Ask, and you will be shown the way. We are praying for your specifics, especially that MRI TODAY!!!!! -Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stacy,
    Kathleen forwarded your blog to me, I'm so sorry to hear about what is going on with Paul. Clay and I are praying for him and all of you. I don't know what it's like to have a child with cancer, but I do know how difficult it is to know that something is wrong and how terrible the feeling is. We are unfortunately familiar with the Children's hospital waiting game and I know that it is so nerve wracking to know that there is a problem, but no end in site to the answers to fix it. If you ever need to vent, I'd love to talk. Hang in there, the Lord is so powerful and awesome, he'll give you the strength you need when you feel like you can take no more. Love, Jennifer Hagler

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing amazingly well Stacy, it is such a rollercoaster ride all these tests and scans. Paul is very much in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be giving this information to my pastor tonight at Bible Study. Our (Mama and me) church will be praying for ALL of you.

    ReplyDelete